PROGRAM OBJECTIVES AND LEARNING OUTCOMES
Field of study: Information Systems Code:52480104
Program Delivery Mode: Full time Time of study: 4.5 years
Faculty: Information and Communication Technology
Department: Information Systems
After graduating with a degree of Engineering in Information Systems, students can achieve excellent personal ethics, good logic thought, and necessary specialist knowledge in information technology as well as in other related fields (e.g., economics and management) to become experts in Information Systems in different environments such as in education, government, and enterprises.
Students are able to achieve the following knowledge, skills and behaviors:
- General knowledge about Marx-Lenin, Vietnam Communist, Ho Chi Minh thought, and national defense education.
- General knowledge about law, society and human science, health, and contemporary issues.
- Basic knowledge about mathematics and natural science to acquire professional knowledge and to study in higher education levels.
- Basic knowledge about usinga foreign language (English/French) at level A
- Basic knowledge about computer, office and other common software.
- Basic knowledge about solutions in information systems safety and solutions in network security
- Basic knowledge for consulting and designing the IT solutions for enterprises
- Interdisciplinary knowledge about enterprise information systems; knowledge in data mining and business intelligence for enterprises.
- Specialized and interdisciplinary knowledge to build, develop, and administer several types of information systems such as MIS, GIS, DSS, e-commerce, and e-learning.
- Specialized knowledgeabout information systems development process
- Specialized knowledgeabout information systems analysis and design
- Specialized knowledgeabout system integrations
- Applying new and modern techniques for building and developing information systems
- Using relational database management systems, geographic information systems, as well as tools/software in information systems analysis and design
- Collecting, specifying, and testing user requirements.
2.2.2. Soft skills
- Presenting ideas; writing reports; and defending proposal/project
- Building and working in groups; managing team/members; organizing/coordinating tasks; and deploying the information systems
- Communicating at a common level using English/French language. Reading and understanding specialized documents written in English/French
- Being self-confident, enthusiastic, passionate and adaptability to the changes.Understanding professional and ethical responsibility
- Forming the professional working style
- Being proactive in developing individual career
- Being self-study and lifelong learning
- Being a Programmer in software companies
- Being an Expert/Specialist in consulting, designing and developing IT solutions for enterprises
- Being an Expert/Specialist in information systems analysis and design in software companies
- Being a Lecturer in College/University
2.5.Research and lifelong learning
- Having ability in advanced research in information systems and other related fields
- Having ability in leaning graduate/post-graduate levels in Information Systems and other related fields
Heikki Topi, Joseph S. Valacich, Ryan T. Wright, Kate M. Kaiser, J.F. Nunamaker, Jr. Janice C. Sipior, and G.J. de Vreede. 2010. Curriculum Guidelines for Undergraduate Degree Programs in Information Systems.Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)