At the University level
Quality Assurance activities have started since 2003. CTU and CICT have fulfilled their missions and visions, so it is necessary to establish an Internal Quality Assurance system at both levels. Major official documents on the establishment of the quality assurance system incude :
- Decision No.384/QĐ-ĐHCT issued on April 12th, 2006 by the Rector of CTU regarding setting up QATC;
- Decision No. 42/QĐ/ĐBCL-ĐHCT issued on October 8th, 2008 by the Rector of CTU regarding full autonomous powerin QA activities at university and college level;
- Decision No. 892/QĐ/ĐBCL-ĐHCT issued on March 28th, 2012 by the Rector of CTU regarding Internal Quality Assurance System of AUN Model at university and college level;
- Decision No. 47/QĐ-ĐHCT issued on January 10th, 2014 by the Rector of CTU regarding setting up Quality Assurance Board for the term 2012 – 2017;
- Decision No. 4595/QĐ-ĐHCT issued on October 17th, 2018 by the Rector of CTU regarding setting up Quality Assurance Board for the term 2017 – 2022;
- Decision No. 4495/QĐ-ĐHCT issued on November 30th, 2015 by the Rector of CTU regarding setting up Quality Assurance Team (QAT) of CTU for the term 2012 – 2017;
- Decision No. 5860/QĐ-ĐHCT issued on December 12th, 2018 by the Rector of CTU regarding setting up Quality Assurance Team (QAT) of CTU for the term 2017 – 2022.
At the College level
The College of Information and Communication Technology (CICT) has paid much attention to improving the quality of education and training programmes towards the national standards, the regional and international integration trend. Hence, the Quality Assurance Team (QAT) of CICT has established processes in order to check and evaluate the quality of education and training programmes of the college regularly; and to take responsibility for long-term quality and effective operation.
The QAT of CICT, founded in 2008, is a unit of the Quality Assurance and Testing Center of CTU (QATC was then renamed as Quality Management Center in 2018) and is responsible for QA activities such as course assessments, teaching diary evaluations, and programme self-assessment.
The QAT sets the schedule and assigns groups to gather evidence, analyzes data and reports the results. For smooth and effective collaboration, each staff is assigned specific tasks to help others and support the process of collecting evidences and investigating data. Based on the reports from other departments, the QAT evaluates the results and makes the reports.